Majestic tree hound originated from the United States of America. It is an intelligent, affectionate , cheerful , social and independent dog breed. The average height of this breed is roughly forty two kilograms or ninety one pounds, the average height of this breed is roughly around sixty nine centimetres or twenty seven inches. It is a giant with a very thick , short and dense coat. This gentle giant is available in various colors, that is, blue, tan, red, black, white, gray, brown. You need to have about USD 600-800 in your pockets to own this breed.Their average life span ranges from ten to thirteen years.
Following are the merits and demerits of owning a majestic tree hound:
- It is an affectionate , cheerful and social breed. It mixes up well with it’s family and is very protective of them.
- This breed is known to be very loyal to it’s owners.
- This type of breed is very intelligent, they understand and memorize instructions and commands in fifteen to twenty five repetitions.
- They have a great sense of smell, they can easily figure out if something smells suspicious and because of this quality, they are great hunters and trackers.
- They are excellent play pals for kids as they are energetic and also, they have a strong protective instinct.
- These dogs do not require extensive grooming. Regular flea treatments, occasional baths and deep cleaning of the coat (at home) is enough. Professional grooming is not required.
- As this breed is very intelligent, they can learn tricks easily with appropriate amount of praises, rewards and treats.
- Hair shedding of a dog is a normal phenomena and these dogs moderately shed their hair. So, you will not find too much of hair lying around your house if they are brushed regularly.
- These dogs are average droolers. The saliva flowing out of their mouth is neither too less nor too much.
- They do not bite too much and even if they do, it does not hurt.
- These dogs need a lot of space to run and play, so, they cannot live in small homes or apartments.
- These dogs are highly energetic, so they need an extensive amount of exercise daily , like, running, jogging, trekking, etc
- These dogs are more prone to health issues than other breeds. Visits to the vet should be frequent as they are prone to develop health issues like hip dysplasia, cataract, epilepsy and entropian. In order to keep them healthy and robust, frequent X-rays, eye checkups, blood tests, etc. should be done by the vet.
- These dogs tend to gain weight quickly, so highly nutritious food should be fed.
- These dogs cannot adjust in cold climates, they prefer average to warm weather.
- These dogs are highly vocal, that is, they bark out of protection , fear, separation anxiety, attention seeking, etc. They often growl and yell loudly. Thus, they are not suitable for the owners that are looking for a muffled breed.
- These dogs require constant supervision as they can be too exuberant and zestful at times.
No matter which dog it is, owning a canine is truly a blessing of god, as they shower you with nothing but true love, they never judge you and they are always by your side, and as Roger A. caras has said- “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.”