The phrase cocktail party seems to be quite exciting. Friends, colleagues, relatives gathered together at a place with music, good food and above all a Cocktail glass! Though it is a wonderful idea, very often it can be a messy affair if not done with proper planning. Every public gathering needs to be planned so that it can be successful. Same way, a cocktail party also needs to be planned so that things don’t get messy. Here is a list of 7 tips that can help you to organise an exciting cocktail party without any mental stress.
- Buy enough Glassware: Ensure that you have all types of glasses for the drinks that you are going to serve. You should have vodka glasses, highballs, Martini glasses, tumblers, beer holders, trays, and shaking glasses. Make sure to have doubled the number of glasses than the number of guests.
- Stock sufficient ice: It is often seen that cocktail parties fall short on ice. As you cannot take an estimate of the number of drinks that your guests are going to drink, it is always better to have extra ice cubes in your fridge.
- Buy enough Alcohol: Make sure to buy many varieties of alcohol. You might not know what your guests may demand. So buy enough stock of alcohol depending on the number of guests. You can buy champagne, red wine, white wine, beer, whisky, Vodka, white rum, Gin, Tequila, etc.
- Buy sufficient mixers: Based on the amount of alcohol, buy enough juices for your cocktails. You can stock up Lemon, Lemon Juice, tonics, sugar syrup, soda, orange juice, and some berry juices. To garnish cocktails you will need to stock basil leaves, mint, Rosemary or even coriander leaves.
- Prepare a balanced food menu: Serve hot as well as cold dishes. Stock up various ice creams and chocolates, fruits, cakes, meat, and seafood. Be careful in the selection of seafood as your guests might have allergies to seafood.
- Set up a good music system: Parties are incomplete without music. So make sure to install a good music system. Hire a DJ if possible. This can make your party experience more exciting.
- Hire an experienced Bartender: If your budget allows, hire a good Bartender. A bartender takes the burden of serving drinks off your shoulder. You can have time to enjoy with your friends. A rookie Bartender can ruin your cocktails, so always try to hire an experienced bartender.
Here is an additional tip. Always try to check the quality of wine for yourself. If you don’t know much about wine, consult an expert or try to do some research on the internet. I would suggest you go for Sauvignon Blanc. Sauvignon Blanc taste sweet and is mildly dry. So your guests will be amazed by its taste. Sauvignon Blanc is made from good quality ripe grapes and is stored for 30 years. So you can be assured about the quality and Sauvignon Blanc taste.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Thank you for reading.