I enjoy many aspects of big city life such as walks to trendy cafes, local coffee shops, cultural activities and meetings with people from different backgrounds. Yet while it may be thrilling to live in a metropolis, several downsides exist. For example, heavy traffic makes socializing with my suburban friends difficult for me. Many other issues are also equally annoying like crowded public traffic, noise pollution, and high rents.
It could seem like small issues, but research shows that overall physical and mental health can be impaired by the heat of urban life and this is why most of the people living in big cities are suffering from mental and physical diseases.
Why Big Cities Face This Issues?
There are several reasons that make the big cities the most annoying and the most depressing. See the points mentioned below.
- Cities are overcrowded with people and it becomes very uneasy for travelers and the people commuting to the offices through public transport very annoying.
- Air pollution is very common when you know that a huge number of people are living in a small city and taking their vehicle to commute everywhere which makes the air dirty.
- Big cities are crowded with vehicles and there is a lot of sound pollution and honking made by these vehicle owners which makes the atmosphere more irritating around you.
- People in big cities are more interested in showing off what they do in the whole day rather than doing something more productive. These self-obsessed people never help someone in a chaotic situation.
- Metro cities or the big cities are mostly overcrowded with different types of people and the lifestyle of every individual differs from another and people who are already frustrated in their life find it very annoying if someone is not of their type.
- Working hours are extending while working and you do not get paid for that is one of the biggest reasons why people are frustrated while working.
- No Social or personal life to enjoy, living alone gives the most sad intuitions and drags us down to depression.
- Charges are very high on everything, even if you want to watch a movie, you will think 2-3 times to spend your money on watching a movie and most of the time we end up letting it go to save money for something more purposeful which is right but in this way you cannot enjoy what your heart wants.
- People are selfish here as compared to the people in the small towns, nobody wants to help someone and everyone is thinking about making money by taking the other down.
- Food items are not healthy in these cities, maybe a variety of food items are available but the richness of that food is long gone in cities.
Living in a big city like Mumbai, I noticed these things which are very common and you can also experience it in your everyday life. Due to these stressful activities Therapist In Mumbai are mostly in demand to handle the burden and stress of most of the people. Maybe someday when we become a developed country our people can find a balance in their work and social life and stay away from depressive disorders and mental illness.